CBRE’s weekly news wrap, featuring the latest commercial and residential real estate stories from around Australia. Whether your interest lies in industrial, retail, office, agricultural or residential property, we’ve got the news that matters, covered
1) ‘World’s most sustainable shopping centre’ takes root in the suburbs Commercial Real Estate
Burwood Brickworks set to produce 40% of its own energy, collect and recycle water and run a fully-functioning urban farm.
2) Melbourne named Australia's most innovative city Urban Developer Victorian capital just behind Silicon Valley in annual measure of start-up economy, mobility, sustainability, neighbourhoods and technology.
3) McMansions no more as Australian house sizes shrink AFR On average, new-freestanding houses are the smallest they've been since 2002.
4) Sydney’s new state-of-the-art library opens Urban Doors – and pages – start turning at the $10 million Darling Square Library, occupying two floors of The Exchange building.
5) Sluggish hotel scene won’t stop five-star developers The Australian There's a clear focus on luxury among Australian hotels set to open in the next five years, CBRE Research finds.