CBRE’s weekly news wrap, featuring the latest commercial and residential real estate stories from around Australia. Whether your interest lies in industrial, retail, office, agricultural or residential property, we’ve got the news that matters, covered.
1) German supermarket Kaufland reveals plans for super-sized distribution centre Commercial Real Estate
Plans have been revealed for the German retail giant’s 110,000sqm automated warehouse in Merrifield, an industrial northern suburb of Melbourne. The facility will service a network of hypermarkets planned on the east coast.
2) Dual housing market leaves Australian economy exposed AFR
Reliance on the Chinese housing market and a high dependence on the construction sector could be warning signs of a wider economic downturn, according to CBRE’s global chief economist, Professor Richard Barkham.
3) ‘Single dweller’ trend and the implications for residential property development Propmodo
Research has demonstrated a move towards solo living, particularly in cities, but can single dwellers’ complex needs be met by the development of co-living spaces?
4) Gold Coast’s $2b waterfront site seeking developers The Urban Developer
The 25ha site on the Clear Island Waters waterfront has gained approval for an 11-tower urban village. The development, situated on the Merrimac floodplain, will incorporate 1550 dwellings including almost 10,000sqm for retail, office and a clubhouse.
5) Major banks revamp funding and mortgage products AFR
In response to changes in funding and regulation, NAB and ANZ are restructuring their lending products. Changes include a rise of 15 basis points in NAB’s wholesale mortgage funding rates and the doubling of ANZ’s interest-only period in lending to property investors.