CBRE’s weekly news wrap, featuring the latest commercial and residential real estate stories from around Australia. Whether your interest lies in industrial, retail, office, agricultural or residential property, we’ve got the news that matters, covered.
1. Residential woes and overcrowding dampen support for a big Australia The New Daily Ongoing sentiment for a big Australia has had the wind knocked from its sails as the nation’s housing market remains in the doldrums, with experts attributing a lack of political foresight, rather than population growth, to the decline.
2. Healthy year ahead for retail sector Commo
The burgeoning e-commerce industry is set to underpin success for Australia's retail sector, with CBRE expecting retail owners to rise to the challenge this year.
3. First green loan claimed by Investa The Fifth Estate The Investa Commercial Property Fund, which includes 15 office assets valued at more than $5.1 billion, has secured Australia’s first green loan for a $170 million facility that is globally recognised by the Climate Bonds Initiative.
Investa developed a Green Debt framework to qualify for a CBI-approved green loan from ANZ Bank.
4. Office landlords’ big $1.6b start to 2019 WA Today With $1.6 billion in major asset deals underway, the commercial property sector is off to a stellar start in 2019.
5. Hilton back in town: Melbourne AFR World famous hotel brand, Hilton, is poised to return to Melbourne following a five-year intermission.
The new 600-room flagship luxury offering will open on the city fringe in 2022, joining part of Malaysian developer OSK's major $2.8 billion Melbourne Square project in Southbank.