CBRE’s weekly news wrap, featuring the latest commercial and residential real estate stories from around Australia. Whether your interest lies in industrial, retail, office, agricultural or residential property, we’ve got the news that matters, covered.
1. Japan’s ski resorts prove popular for Australian investors Commercial Real Estate
As the number of Australians hitting Japan’s ski slopes continues to grow, so does the number of Australians investing in commercial property such as hotels and guest houses.
2. 10 Indigenous businesses flying the flag for NAIDOC Week The Green List
NAIDOC Week is being celebrated across Australia this week. These Indigenous businesses include architectural and interior design and solar energy solutions.
3. Australian buildings are going green to battle it out for The Better Buildings Cup Commercial Real Estate
A group of landmark buildings across the country are competing to reduce their impact on the environment over twelve months in a competition dubbed The Better Buildings Cup. Initiatives may range from establishing a community garden to installing renewable energy, with scores based on the NABERS rating system.
4. Government owned CEFC moves to enter senior living market with $60m investment AFR
Clean Energy Finance Corporation, the government owned Green Bank, has invested $60 million to transform a disused Canberra office park into a modern, sustainable aged-care facility for up to 450 residents.
5. Plans lodged for $350m Melbourne skyscraper The Urban Developer
Plans for a 55-storey tower in Melbourne’s Docklands precinct have been lodged by property fund Cromwell Property, with the consideration of creating 265 build-to-rent residential units. The $350 million proposal also includes a 4.5-star hotel with 182 rooms, 13,000sqm of A-grade office space and a four-storey car park.