Sandy Hamilton provides market based investment advice and due diligence investigations in relation to the acquisition and disposal of major investment properties, including regional and sub-regional shopping centres and mixed use developments in Australia and overseas markets.
Before joining CBRE in 2005, Sandy was Principal at the Real Estate Advisory Services group of Ernst & Young and before that he was a Fund Manager with Paladin Australia Limited; he was responsible for a portfolio of retail properties held in unlisted vehicles, including a wholesale fund and syndicates, giving him experience in asset management and funds management.
Sandy started his career in the UK and moved to Australia with Richard Ellis, where he undertook valuations of major retail and commercial properties, before leaving to operate his own valuation and property advisory business for six years, during which time he completed numerous assignments for leading Australian financial institutions and private investors.
With over 30 years’ experience in transaction advisory work, asset management, funds management and valuations, Sandy has gained a significant depth of knowledge in retail and commercial property markets.
- Sandy has been invited to speak at numerous conferences and seminars, including events organised by the Property Council of Australia, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, the Australian Property Institute and the Securities Institute.
- From 2006 to 2008 he was a member of the organising committee for the annual Property Industry Foundation Yachting Regatta in Sydney.
- While operating his own business, Sandy was appointed by the President of the Australian Property Institute to determine numerous rental disputes and he has lectured at property investment courses at the University of Technology, Sydney and the University of New South Wales.
Professional Affiliations and Accreditations
- Fellow, Australian Property Institute
- Fellow, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Registered Valuer, New South Wales
Some examples of properties and portfolios that Sandy has worked on include:
- MetCentre, Sydney, NSW
- Indooroopilly Shopping Centre, QLD
- Highpoint Shopping Centre, Maribyrnong, VIC
- Blackstone retail portfolio, NSW, VIC, QLD, SA
- Noosa Civic, QLD
- East Village, Zetland, NSW
- Pacific Werribee & Pacific Epping, VIC
- Stockland Cleveland, QLD
- Neeta City, Fairfield, NSW
- intu Merry Hill, UK
Sandy’s areas of specialisation include:
- Identification of investment opportunities:
Understanding the objectives of clients seeking new property investments and using market knowledge to identify suitable opportunities.
- Strategic advice on portfolios/individual assets:
Analysis of properties in the context of market conditions having regard to the objectives of clients to determine the appropriate buy/sell and/or asset management strategies.
Acting on behalf of purchasers or vendors of investment properties to ensure that all issues relevant to the transaction are identified prior to or during the transaction/due diligence period.
Analysis of risks associated with existing assets, or proposed investment/development opportunities.