CBRE Leads Global Commercial Property Investment Sales Activity for Seventh Consecutive Year
12 Mar 2018
CBRE has been crowned the top-ranked firm for commercial real estate investment sales globally for the seventh consecutive year, according to Real Capital Analytics (RCA).
For 2017, RCA credited CBRE with 22.3% of market share* across all property types on a global basis—a 650 bps (basis point) lead over the nearest competitor.
CBRE held the top spot in RCA’s global rankings, which are based on seller representation activity, for office, industrial, retail and apartment investment sales.
RCA—which tracks global commercial real estate sales of $10 million and greater—estimates that approximately $1.53 trillion of commercial real estate was sold throughout the world in 2017. CBRE’s global investment sales volume reached $137.62 billion, according to RCA.
“CBRE’s global footprint aligns perfectly with the migration of global capital. Our ability to coordinate all business lines, effectively combine international and local expertise, and openly share information ensures that even the most complicated assignment will be executed successfully. Very liquid debt markets and close coordination with CBRE’s finance colleagues has also enhanced the results delivered to clients. Our highly efficient team provides unparalleled service delivery and solidifies our position as the global leader in institutional real estate investment,” said Chris Ludeman, Global President, Capital Markets, CBRE.
Highlights from RCA’s 2017 global rankings include:
- CBRE executed $62.1 billion in global office sales as seller representative, for an industry-leading market share of 23.5% in 2017.
- CBRE was again the top global firm in logistics and industrial sales, with $19.7 billion in transactions for a market share of 28.6%.
- CBRE again claimed the top global position in retail sales, with $17.2 billion in transactions, increasing its global market share by 270 bps to 21.2% in 2017.
- CBRE executed $27.2 billion in global apartment sales for a market leading share of 20.6%.
- CBRE was also the leading buy-side broker globally.
* Market share has been calculated based on the dollar volume of transactions where CBRE represented the seller, divided by the total volume of seller-brokered transactions.
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBRE), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Dallas, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (based on 2021 revenue). The company has more than 105,000 employees (excluding Turner & Townsend employees) serving clients in more than 100 countries. CBRE serves a diverse range of clients with an integrated suite of services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services. Please visit our website at www.cbre.com.