CBRE Agribusiness are pleased to present for sale the Devine - Oratara Pastoral Property Portfolio (the Portfolio).
The Portfolio comprises four properties; Kulki, North Kulki, Oratara and Kanowna, representing a significant opportunity to secure a large-scale dryland grazing and carbon farming enterprise situated in central southern Queensland.
The Portfolio is being offered for sale in-one-line or as two separate aggregations – Kulki/North Kulki and Oratara/Kanowna.
The Portfolio comprises 49,197* hectares held as four landholdings within two contiguous aggregations seven* linear kilometres apart. The individual aggregation offerings are outlined below:
Kulki and North Kulki – Representing 22,884* hectares of which 11,614* hectares are under current carbon projects. The aggregation has an assessed carrying capacity of 3,700* Adult Equivalents (AE) or 29,600* Dry Sheep Equivalent (DSE).
Kanowna and Oratara – Representing 26,313* hectares of which 12,101* hectares are under current carbon projects. The aggregation has an assessed carrying capacity of 2,525* AE or 20,200* DSE.
• An extensively improved grazing enterprise underpinned by reliable annual carbon income.
• Fully exclusion fenced.
• Independently assessed carrying capacity of 6,225* AE or 49,800* DSE.
• Carrying strong stands of buffel grass, silk sorghum, clover and medic, supported by 7,400* hectares of regularly flooded and recently inundated Wallam Creek flood plain.
• Secure water from an extensive piped artesian bore scheme and tank/trough network.
• Pasture and infrastructure development allowing for a flexible combination of sheep, cattle and goat enterprises.
• Enterprise flexibility supported by quality internal fencing, cattle yards, sheep yards, shearing sheds and a new lamb feedlot.
• 3,000* hectares of arable black and grey clay soils suitable to develop for dryland grain and fodder crop production.
• The pasture sward has benefited from a prudent destocking program to protect the pasture resource and is recovering strongly from the drought in response to recent rainfall and beneficial flooding.
• Approximately $15 million forecast carbon income over the following 20* years, secured by government contracts up to 2026
• Normal dryland grazing is permitted within the carbon project areas.
• Significant additional areas remain available for further carbon projects.
The Devine - Oratara Pastoral Property Portfolio represents an unparalleled opportunity for a potential purchaser to acquire a large scale, well designed and highly developed agricultural enterprise underpinned by secure Commonwealth Government income from carbon projects.
The Devine – Oratara Pastoral Property Portfolio is being offered for sale via International Expression of Interest closing on 7 May 2020.