A HIGH-QUALITY IRRIGATED DAIRY ENTERPRISE IN THE GOULBURN VALLEY REGION OF NORTHERN VICTORIA
Highly productive irrigated dairy
Within the Goulburn Valley region
A total of 344Ha*
CBRE Agribusiness is pleased to present for sale the Woodbine Aggregation, a highly productive irrigated dairy holding and out-paddock, situated within the Goulburn Valley region of Northern Victoria.
Stewarded for nearly 100 years by three generations of family ownership, the enterprise benefits from the adoption of best practise dairy farming.
KEY INVESTMENT HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
• Lancaster (the main milking hub) includes 257* hectares, comprising a net irrigated grazing area of 200* hectares developed to state-of-the-art pipe-and-riser irrigation, with the balance being dryland cropping / grazing and support land.
• Undera (the out-paddock) includes 87* hectares, comprising 65* hectares developed to irrigation with the balance dryland cropping/ grazing land.
• A total 265* hectares are developed to irrigation across the aggregation. The pipe-and-riser layout is fully automated, controlled via remote (cloud-based) systems, delivering water directly from the GM-Water backbone channel to each riser via 8* kilometres of 450-millimetre underground pipe.
• The productivity of the holdings is enhanced by the improved pastures, productive sandy loam to loam soil types, excellent soil health and fertility, substantial water storages and first-class livestock water infrastructure.
• The enterprise includes 855* megalitres of High Reliability and 988* megalitres of Low Reliability Goulburn 1A surface Water Entitlements.
• Structural improvements include two very high-quality family brick dwellings (1 x three bedrooms, 1 x four bedrooms), a weatherboard cottage, 50-unit rotary dairy (circa 1993, but well maintained with recent upgrades) associated 900 cow capacity yards and fit-for-purpose compliment of fodder and machinery shedding.
• Currently milking 900* cows (40%* Spring and 60%* Autumn calving) and producing in excess of 7,500,000* litres of milk annually. The herd is a product of 50 years of AI breeding and over the last decade has consistently ranked in the top 100 herds in Australia (based on ABV index and previously APR index) and is considered among the top commercial herds in the country.
• The enterprise is benefitted by an attractive liquid milk supply contract, with expectations this will transfer (subject to approval) to the purchaser.
• Strategically located approximately 7 kilometres from one another in proximity to Kyabram, between Shepparton and Echuca.
• Close to dairy processing facilities including Kyvalley Dairy (Kyabram), Tatura Milk (Tatura), Pactum Dairy Group (Shepparton), Fonterra (Stanhope) and Murray Goulburn (Cobram).
• The property is being offered for sale on a Walk-In-Walk-Out (WIWO) basis inclusive of water entitlements (including unused seasonal allocation), all livestock, feed/fodder on hand and plant and equipment.
FOR SALE BY EXPRESSION OF INTEREST CLOSING THURSDAY 5TH NOVEMER 2020 AT 4.00PM (AEDT)