THE SPIT - EXCEPTIONAL WATERFRONT DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY
Situated between the Broadwater and the Pacific Ocean, The Spit is the Gold Coast's premier waterfront precinct. This iconic Gold Coast precinct comprises:
- high-quality protected waterfront access to the extensive Broadwater
- leading restaurant, retail, tourism-leisure and hospitality establishments
- patrolled surf beach access (Main Beach)
- significant parkland reserves and recreational amenities
The Queensland Government is leading the implementation of The Spit Master Plan.
Lot 503 Seaworld Drive, Main Beach, QLD 4217 and associated seabed lease (the site) is the first site to be offered by the government for development following release of The Spit Master Plan (the master plan) in May 2019.
The site presents an excellent opportunity for an experienced developer to create a world-class waterfront marina precinct that reinforces The Spit's reputation as an iconic Gold Coast destination.
Highlights of the development opportunity include:
- 101.7 metres* water frontage to the Gold Coast Broadwater
- 9858 square metres* land development site lease area
- 1.88 hectares* seabed lease area for new marina development opportunity
- mixed-use residential, retail, commercial, short-term accommodation and marina development anticipated by The Spit Master Plan^
- potential building height up to three storeys (15 metres)
- long-term leasehold tenure
Further details: qtenders.hpw.qld.gov.au (DSDMIP192120)
Expressions of Interest closing 5 March 2020 at 4:00PM (AEST)
^Subject to Council approval