CBRE’s Rating and Taxation Division specialises in assisting owners and tenants throughout Australia in reviewing valuation-based statutory assessments which are utilised to levy rates and land tax.
Combined with in-depth knowledge from our internal and external market databases, the team has extensive experience and knowledge in dealing with all classes of property throughout Australia including:
- CBD and suburban commercial office assets
- Industrial properties and estates
- Shopping centres
- Heritage properties
- Residential Englobo subdivision land
- Industrial Englobo subdivision land
- Retail properties
- Bulky goods properties
- Leisure properties
Our experience is the key to managing statutory assessments to ensure they are reasonable. This assists overall property performance, improving net income returned, promoting yield enhancement and asset value.
In the current market it has become increasingly apparent that the management of statutory outgoings is essential, particularly in an environment of modest rental and value growth.
Our scope of services includes:
- Reviewing valuation-based statutory assessments returned in rates and land tax notices
- Pursuing objections and appeals with the relevant authorities where appropriate
- Assistance with forward budgeting of statutory outgoings for portfolios, potential acquisitions and property redevelopments
- Appearing as an expert witness before the relevant court or tribunal
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation